Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dreams do Come True

This is not a new story but it is a common one for writers. It began with a series of glimpses of my life in a writing class after I retired from teaching. It was cathartic and actually fun to mine my brain for childhood images and write them down. Many of us remember events but do we write them down?
Off I was every week to my class of older writers. Each of us was writing about our past and it was interesting to note that after awhile we could tell the authors by the subjects of each of the pieces. Then a light bulb went off in my head and I started to write fiction.That was even more fun to do. After that I wanted to become a published author. That is where it got very challenging. When I retired I had been teaching for many years and I was at the top of my game.
Becoming a better writer and trying to get published was a huge challenge.I did not know where to start but I plugged along. I learned a lot from my mistakes but I welcomed this new life even with all of the rejections. I believed in myself and knew that it would happen one day. And it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment